Introducing the Osmaston building.
Meticulously renovated to reinstate its former charm, preserving and highlighting the original Art Deco Features.
This building today stands as a proud testament to building craftsmanship, both old and new, and is the first of its kind in New Farm.
Osmaston was constructed in the 1930s by Albert George Silvester, a former photographer, in the Art Deco style representing luxury, glamour and exuberance with a classic timeless elegance.
The building has a unique history.
In 1942 at the height of World War II, the American Navy selected Brisbane as a strategic base to support a major submarine offensive in the Pacific.
In April of that year the first American submarines arrived at Capricorn Wharf on Macquarie Street and all 6 apartments in Osmaston were leased by the US Navy to accommodate its Officers until March 1945.
Following the War, Osmaston remained as flats and underwent numerous alterations.
598 Lower Bowen Terrace, New Farm offers
• One and two bedroom apartments renovated to the highest standards, preserving rich heritage features with the addition of quality modern conveniences
• Boutique building of only six stunning apartments
• Bedrooms immaculately restored to include built in wardrobes and air conditioning
• Original leadlight windows reconditioned, heritage light features and ornate ceiling designs
• Opulently finished with the finest materials including oak timber flooring, stunning Carrara marble and brass detailing
• Every detail considered with acoustic flooring, split air con system, quality Miele appliances and generous storage
• Northeast views across New Farm from the generous sized balconies
• Expect to experience a new level of privacy and exclusivity, whilst owning part of an historic masterpiece in New Farm
• Moments from New Farm Park, the River and Ferry terminal, public transport on the street, a short stroll to Merthyr Village, Powerhouse, and the Howard Smith Wharves
No: Position: Apartment Spec: Price:
1. Ground Left 2 Bed 1 Bath 1 Car $995,000
2. Ground Right 2 Bed 1 Bath $925,000
3 Top Left 2 Bed 1 Bath 1 Car $1,100,000
4 Top Right 2 Bed 1 Bath 1 Car $1,050,000
5 Bottom Right 1 Bed 1 Bath $525,000
6 Bottom Left 1 Bed 1 Bath $575,000
Rich in history and masterfully restored to continue to be a much loved and admired New Farm landmark.
You cannot find another Art Deco offering like this!